05 July 2009

Walls


Charleston, S.C.

As much as I like clever graffiti I am whole heartedly against vandalism and have been a victim of it myself. I have painted the masonry on my house at 9 pm on a Sunday evening to cover up spray paint. So, here is a grand idea! Check out the Walls Notebook:

The Walls Notebook is exactly what it is called, it is a notebook filled with pictures of walls. Empty New York walls that is, just waiting for you to add some art. A sketch, a doodle, a note; or really work it and let your inner Banksy emerge and show off your artistic capabilities. Or maybe you are more into graffiti? That's fine too; there are clean subway cars, delivery trucks and post boxes, just waiting to be tagged.

Whoopsie! Just checked the link again and it seems everyone else liked the idea too. The Walls Notebook is sold out. I guess we can take pictures of our favorite walls and graffiti them ourselves.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Photoshop and a swing through dafont.com for a few free fonts (they have an entire section of graffiti fonts) make using our own pics even more fun!

Steve said...

I dislike Grafitti as well. I did notice (with some amusement and sadness at the sheer stupidity of some folks) that someone had "tagged" a door at UNCC with Heath ledgers catch phrase from "Dark Knight", "Why so serious?" but alas, public education being what it is, it read "Why so serios".
Indeed...

Charlestonjoan said...

Julia - Those are some fonts to drool over. Funny, I used to do calligraphy until computers came up with such lovely fonts.

Steve - Hahah! That is funny.

Julia said...

Joan, I used to make up fonts myself, but now there are so many computer fonts to choose from the only handmade fonts around here are for birthday cards (we take our bday card fonts seriously ;-).