07 July 2009

The Ultimate Comfort Food


Brickyard Plantation, Mt. Pleasant, SC

This is where I celebrated the 4th of July. Not too bad, eh?! I was invited over and served the most delicious meal. We went for a walk after dinner and I was blown away by the beauty of the spot. Many thanks to my gracious hosts!

I don't want to sound like I am thinking of food all the time but this is important. Hugging the Coast has the scoop on a Macaroni and Cheese Contest with a prize of $5,000 and 25 pounds of cheese. I could make good use of both!

Do you have what it takes to make the best gourmet macaroni and cheese in the country? Are you looking for an excuse to take your gourmet mac and cheese to the next level? Then you might want to enter Tillamook Cheese’s 5th Annual Macaroni and Cheese Recipe Contest.

Here are the contest rules. Quick. Tell me all your Macaroni and Cheese secrets or enter on your own and make me a sizzling casserole.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Amazing location, this shot totally has me longing to be there. As for the mac & cheese, I wish I had a great recipe - might steal one if any are posted below!

Charlestonjoan said...

Fiona - Isn't it beautiful. They had a little dock with fishing poles ready and a small boat, even a pool. Dream house.

Lowell said...

Truly a beautiful place, Joan. Reminds me very much of a few places in Cedar Key, Florida...

Charlestonjoan said...

Jacob - Yes, similar. I liked the porch all the way around.