01 June 2009

Why did the Dingo cross the Country?





Why did the Dingo cross the country?

To get away from me, I expect.

It's been over a year since my daughter moved away with Lola, aka the Dingo. The Dingo is the spitting image of a Carolina dog. She showed up on my daughter's doorstep when she lived in Columbia and clearly said, "take me home and let your mother use me to test new photoshop techniques." And I did.

I spotted this article today about Carolina dogs and whether they should be bred as purebreds.

Dingoes don't need no stinkin' papers.

The Dingo even had a brief fling as a real dog model before she left Charleston. A girl can always use a little extra cash.




Celebrity is hard to deal with. She tried to stay low key but couldn't help getting involved in national scandals. Perhaps it just seemed wiser to get away from it all and move to Portland.

9 comments:

Doug said...

Even a celebrity dog's life is still a dog's life, eh?

Catalyst said...

Oh, Joanie, you've lost it!!!

Unknown said...

If you miss having a dog in the house I'll let you babysit Champ the next time I leave town. LOL.

Charlestonjoan said...

Doug - True. The Dingo has it pretty good all things considered. Her mama is a vegeterian so we had a special bond.

Catalyst - Ha! You think so?

Mike - You'd trust me with your dog? ;))))

Les said...

This house loved the faux newspaper.

Frank said...

I had to read this through twice it's so hilarious. (Love your FEET post, too.) This dog post is great.

Joan said...

Frank - heheh. And some of the time I seem so normal :)

Les - Me too!

Gerald (SK14) said...

a lovely hilarious post

Daisy Deadhead said...

Beautiful doggie. :) (PS I posted doggies today too!)