05 June 2009

Letting My Hair Down


Charleston, SC

On the days I toss up a picture with a joke or quote it isn't because nothing is happening but rather too much is. I've been feeling like a ball someone hurled through the year. It's June for haven't sake. How did that happen?

I'll tell you this now because I may not later. Tuesday after work I was in a photo shoot for women with white hair. Hey?! Who turned me in? I guess it's pretty obvious, huh?

This will be for Charlie online magazine which hit the road running earlier this year. I wasn't sure what I was getting into when I stopped at Tumbleston Studios after work to meet publisher Caroline Nuttall, photographer Matthew Morse and their team. The article is titled White Haired Warriors and the other model was a teeny, tiny dainty bundle of muscle with gorgeous pure white short styled hair. Hmmmmm. Not the most flattering match up for me I'm thinking. I am going to look like a giant wild haired thing in comparison. Why do you all let me cut my own bangs?

They let my hair down and had me pose and whip it around a bit. I enjoyed mentioning that the last time my hair had been featured on film it had been for a Zombie movie. This is why I am telling you now. If the pictures aren't flattering it will never be mentioned again. Meanwhile go check out the magazine and see what they have going on.

4 comments:

becomingkate said...

You'll look beautiful! I hope you share the pic!

Charlestonjoan said...

Kate - I think they are supposed to use them next week. It is odd being on the other side of the camera!

becomingkate said...

I bet!

CHARLIE said...

The story (and picture) is up! Check it out. You look fabulous! Thank you for showing off your gorgeous hair for this important story!
www.readcharlie.com/2009/06/11/white-hair-warriors/