23 April 2009

Thursday Hodge Podge


Magnolia Plantation, Charleston, SC

Peacocks have been competing to pose for me lately. Take me! Take me!

I started my day taking pictures at a nursing conference at the Embassy Suites Hotel and am just back now from the Bobcat Ball put on by the Kiawah Conservancy this evening. Tables were set outside in a parking lot at dusk. My friend Linda Benedict, the publisher of Island Life Newspaper was a publicity sponsor of the event and was invited to fill a table with friends. I am fat and happy.

I was happy to see the owner of Carolina Heritage Outfitters jumping in the comments about the Edisto River Tree houses. I'd like to hear from someone who has stayed in one. Speaking of cool places to spend the night, I still have my eye on Yurt Village as well.

7 comments:

Ice said...

I've never came across a white peacock before. It stood there looking so handsome!

Charlestonjoan said...

They have both there. The colorful one wasn't showing off like this one. Deep insecurities make him work harder for attention I expect. :)

Wildwater Nantahala said...

We'd love to have you come visit our Yurt Village. Although we have no peacocks, we do have wild turkeys and we are a nice respite from the stressful pace of life. In the 10 years we have been open, people are pleasantly surprised how nice the facility is. Come join us!

Anonymous said...

Or if you want to be on the river bank for $75 a night, go to Juliette, GA. Stay in cabin #1 and have a nice view of the dam. We did this past weekend. It was great. Except the trains every 2 or so hours during the night.

Charlestonjoan said...

Wildwater: How fun to hear from you! I'd love to come up sometime. I've had it in the back of my head for a long time. Maybe later in the summer when it gets so hot in Charleston. It would be the perfect escape. Thank you!

Anon: Is there a name to the place in Juliette so I can look it up?

Susan Moorhead said...

Wow, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a white peacock. Amazing!

abc said...

Wonderful. I don't think I've seen white peacocks either. It looks like a bride.