30 April 2009

Oh Hell!


Hell Hole Festival Headquarters, Jamestown, SC

Okay, I'll admit I drift off the Charleston peninsula for pictures.

I found this shot while clearing off an old camera card and googled the Hell Hole Swamp Festival to bring you the most latest and most accurate nonsense.

This is the very weekend! Spitting contests, Ugly Dog Contests, Elvis Impersonators....it's all there and waiting. None of it matters to me though since the Miss Hell Hole Swamp pageant was held last weekend and that is the only thing that counted. I do so want to be rejected as a Miss Hell Hole contestant. My age alone would have done it for me but I wasn't there. Sadness.

In other news, I happened to check to see if there were any other Joan Perrys on Facebook and discovered close to four pages of us. I sent out Friend requests left and right and my people have been gradually checking in. It's a tad confusing...Joan Perry said to Joan Perry, Joan Perry is now friends with Joan Perry. Watch out! We are breeding. Today Facebook. Tomorrow the world.

In yet other news, Kenyan Women have announced a Sex Strike to resolve ongoing political turmoil. Am I going to have to deal with a bunch of cranky and irritable men while I am there? I think I'll make a button saying "I'm with the local girls."

6 comments:

Catalyst said...

Oh, Miss Joan Perry of Charleston - I think you would have swept to victory in the Miss Hell Hole contest. Be careful in Kenya, we need you back!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to attend!!

Charlestonjoan said...

Catalyst: Thank you! Swept to victory in Miss Hell Hole...just reading that makes me laugh.

wildstorm: It probably would be a fun festival.

B SQUARED said...

O.K. clear something up. Is the Sex Strike for more or less?

D said...

I'm trying to imagine what Miss Hell Hole would look like! hilarious.

Charlestonjoan said...

B Squared - You dreamer :)

D - Exactly! Too funny.