12 February 2009

Thursday Funny


Charleston, SC

I've been tugged in a thousand directions lately. I did walk tonight but it was late and dark so I've pulled this shot from one of my Charleston albums. My coconut cupcakes are baked and frosted and I am off to bed as soon as I download a song for a slideshow. Y'all don't stay up too late. Here is a quick funny from oldhorsetailsnake:

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Dr. Seuss: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

Ernest Hemingway: To die in the rain, alone.

Grandpa: In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

Barbara Walters: Isn't that interesting? In a few minutes we will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heart-warming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting, and went on to accomplish its lifelong dream of crossing the road.

Albert Einstein: Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken?

Colonel Sanders: Did I miss one?

6 comments:

Maggsworld said...

I adored the jokes. Maggs

Maggsworld said...

I also would love a recipe for cocnut cupcakes and frosting. Maggs

Judy said...

A beautiful pink building! I don't usually like pink on a building but this one is "pretty in pink". (Oh, and nice pirate too).

Doug said...

Having your cupcakes baked and frosted is an expression I haven't heard before...
;-)

PJ said...

Funny jokes! This cupcake thing sounds really scrumptious...I guess I'll have to work on that tomorrow.
I'm starting a big landscaping project and even though I want to use mostly native plants I have a thing for oleanders. They look lovely in front of those cupcake colored buildings.

Charlestonjoan said...

Maggs: I cheated and start with a yellow mix. I add about half a cup of coconut and coconut flavoring. I use cream cheese icing and roll the tops in coconut. They are a big hit.

Jarart: It is a landmark building and in ever tourist photo. Everything is pink. It used to be owned by a local dentist but is a Bed & Breakfast now.

Doug: :))

PJ: We have so many oleanders here. I'll take that photo again when they are all in bloom.