28 February 2009

Horsing Around


Horsing around, Charleston, SC

The hospital nurses held an educational fair yesterday. To build enthusiasm and attendance at these programs they tend to choose a theme. The theme for yesterday's event was "Regulatory Roundup" and it gave everyone the freedom to get out of uniform and wear denim for a change. I had been reminded frequently to expect photo ops.

When I went to the classroom I was stunned to find that the Emergency Room Nurse Manager had access to a life sized horse model. Now we are talking photo op! I told everyone that I wanted the horse out of the classroom and in the lobby for a group shot with all the cowgirls. The funniest pictures were all of them hoisting up the horse and carrying him. Perfect.

If you have to sick, it doesn't look like such a bad place does it? I've had pet therapy dogs before but this is my first horse.

5 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

Great pictures, I'll make a note and if I get hurt in Charleston I'd like to have some of those cowgirls treat my boo boo.

Anonymous said...

Every hospital should have a horse!

Pat said...

And the amazing thing is that they put that whole shindig together in less than a month! Those are some cool girls (and guy and horse)...

Judy said...

A good looking group and looks like tons of fun!

Charlestonjoan said...

BeachBum - We'll take good care of you!

wildstorm - I had a feeling you would approve!

Pat - Those are some crazy gals.

Jarart - They couldn't stop laughing, carrying that dang horse out.