07 January 2009

Slow Down, Humans Present


Vanderhorst & Coming St., Charleston, SC

I believe everyone has gotten over expecting my content to have anything to do with my pictures and this evening I am here to present the world's best sock monkey. Is that not the greatest thing ever? The gal's husband made him for her for Christmas. Coolness abounds.

I am dipping into my photo albums since I get to show my pictures in a larger format here. It's been a bit too dark by the time I do most of my walking to take many pictures and I have to be careful what work ones I use. Meanwhile, I have plenty of filler to last until the evenings are lighter.

7 comments:

Waldo Lydecker's Journal said...

As Duke Ellington used to say, we love you madly, no matter the format.

Anonymous said...

You sure that wasn't the prototype for the first inflatable doll? :)

S

Anonymous said...

That must have been taken on planet earth...

BTW---I am glad your photos are larger format.

Jenny O. said...

Joan, I thought I posted a comment a few posts back, but it appears it didn't take. :) Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for stopping by the blog and giving me your updated link. I was thrilled to "find" you again.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Waldo: the feeling is mutual :))

lowandslow: hahah!

burstmode: Me too. Thanks!

JennyO: Walk on, baby! Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Oh but for the early walk, I could not find, that soul of mine, which once was lost, without the early sunshine.

The birds take flight, and the new day hurrys, my life without a morning walk would be full of worries.

Edna Allen Post

Plus don't you want to be the first to see what new graffiti has sprung up over night?

Anonymous said...

Cedar: I can't do it. I can't drag myself out of bed any early than I have to during the week. I am shameless, staying in bed until the last minutes and then leaping into action. On the weekends I can get up and get out.

One of the most beautiful scenes I pass on the way to work is the harbor view from the James Island Connector. It is different everyday and has been magical in the recent fog.