17 January 2009

Look deep into my eyes.....


Comedy Festival, American Theater

I am fascinated by hypnotism shows. I have to go to them. It doesn't make any sense to me that these people are hearing exactly what I hear and yet are dropping like flies and doing whatever is suggested. I am always determined that I could not be hypnotized but love it that other people can.

This evening I had a couple of friends come over and we walked down to the American Theater to see Peter Gross do his Hypnotism show as part of the Comedy Festival. My friend Jeanette was determined to volunteer and got up on the stage but was dismissed. I suspect she fell immediately into too deep a sleep to be entertaining. There were a lot of young people in this particular audience and they were falling to sleep in the audience around us and joining in on the act from their seats.

I had my little pocket camera and it seemed okay to take a picture. In this scene they were told their shoes were cell phones and they were all carrying on conversations talking into their shoe. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Three different people have tried - unsuccessfully - to hypnotize me. What's the deal? Are we just too grounded? Maybe it's all that caffeine...

Charlestonjoan said...

Pat: I think that is what it is. He said if you are sure you can't be hypnotized it won't work for you. I like being in control too much and am such a skeptic.

Jackie Davis and Jeanette Turner went with me. Jeanette wanted so badly to be a volunteer but she was in such a deep sleep he sent her back to her seat.