12 January 2009

Early to Bed


Poe's Tavern, Sullivans Island, SC

I met my friend Andre' for a bite to eat at Poe's Tavern on Sullivan's Island, and now I am suddenly very, very sleepy. No bedtime stories for you tonight.

It's time for folks living in the lowcounty to vote for Charleston City Paper's "Best of" Charleston awards. Click here to cast your ballot. You do need to vote in at least 35 categories to make your vote count. This is your chance to give your favorite places a little gift by nominating them.

Naturally Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital is the Best Place to have a Baby. We had thirty two babies in the Nursery the other day. Do they have bunk bed bassinets?

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. Wise enough to be allowed to miss the next two days of leadership training meetings I am signed up for do ya think? Yawn. Don't stay up too late, kids.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stayed at Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital for 8 days last June. So naturally I voted it best hospital, and Dr. Hazell best doctor. Thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I always like to hear that. Dr. Sam Hazell is a saint and well worthy of your vote. Not only is a good surgeon, he is so welcoming to all my students who want to go into medicine. He invites them in to surgery to watch him and draws pictures to explain what he has done. I'd like to get him some recognition for all the mentoring he does.

Anonymous said...

I love the fish tacos at Poes. Yum.

Anonymous said...

Miss Joan
Thanks for continuing your blog. During the holidays I was at a lost without my daily dose of your words and photographs. Anyway I am somewhat surprised that the hospital you work at is St. Francis. I don't know how I miss this fact since I have been reading your blog for at least 2 years. Ok, Way back in 1956 I had my tonsils taken out at St. Francis. This event was my earliest memory. Do they still provide ice cream to kids who had their tonsils removed? Heck since my kids still have their tonsils, are tonsils still being extracted? Too must work for just one cup of ice cream. BTW I was born in St. Francis in Greenville. Perhaps I will die in a St. Francis hospital some day. Hopefully not cause I would prefer to expire in my own bed, just not wake up.

Joe

Anonymous said...

Joe: How nice to hear from you! The disruption of the blog has brought a lot of anonymous readers out of the wood works and it has been a pleasure. I have worked at St. Francis for 20 years. I've had a few different roles and the time has gone quickly. Yes. Ice cream is still the treatment for tonsillectomies!