11 January 2009

Church Photo in Lieu of Attendance


St. Thomas Church, Cainhoy Rd.

I got into the habit of featuring a church picture each Sunday on my previous journal Walk this Way, and this is one of my favorites. I spotted it as a flash of white in the corner of my eye and found this abandoned church set back in the woods.

A lady in a house nearby had a key and let us take a peak inside. This structure was built in 1819 and is falling into sad ruin. She was desperate to get anyone's attention who might help fix it up. I've half thought of suggesting it as a Day of Caring project, even just to tidy up the churchyard. Think I could rally a team?

I hope everyone has had a good weekend.

5 comments:

Catalyst said...

I love your "Churches . . ."

Please keep them up.

GirlBlogger said...

Wow, love that key. I do hope someone takes on this project. How sad to lose such a lovely little chapel.

Doug said...

It deserves some attention. That could be a very nice spot for a couple of benches.

gogouci said...

I hope any effort to recover this beautiful location would be well received.

Judy said...

So sad to let it decay. I hope it will get the attention it deserves.