18 January 2010

Blue skies and sunshine!


Calhoun St., Charleston, S.C.

This sunshine is like magic after the cold dreary days we've been having. These grand old houses on Calhoun St. are usually divided into student apartments or condos these days.

I will miss the MLK parade this year but had so much fun taking pictures at it last year at inauguration time. The happy energy was flying that day.

Have a good day, kids. I am going climb up to my ancient attic in search of an old keyboard to pass on to a friend's daughter. It is old but only used when my daughter thought she wanted to learn to play the piano for exactly two months. If rats haven't chewed on it it should be just fine. Send a search party for me if I don't come back.

2 comments:

Ma' said...

I loved the sunshine (finally!) yesterday too. As I was walking my dog around Park Circle, I couldn't help but think "free at last, free at last, thank God almighty I'm free at last!" (in keeping w/ the MLK holiday) Our two dreary/cold weeks of winter were enough for me--I don't know how people up north do it!

Charlestonjoan said...

Exactly. It seems completely unreasonable.